Thursday, October 8, 2009

Too Much Coffee

I knocked off the coffee for a while and was feeling pretty good then the warm weather went away and here I am again - powerless, addicted and working on the soundtrack for today's lunch hour class. The very cool people who attend noon class have high standards which keeps me on my toes - new music, challenging workouts, different cueing, etc. They make me work hard. Then the morning class gets the same special treatment. Here's what I came up with for today - It's basically a warm up followed by three separate 'pyramid' intervals that are three tracks each, intensity increasing with each song. Rest is short and we repeat.

Can't You Hear Me Knocking - The Rolling Stones
Fall Back Down - Rancid
On the Dark Side - John Cafferty (yes, really)
Brianstorm - Arctic Monkeys
Get it Hot - AC/DC
Wrong Way - Sublime
Genepool Convulsions - The Hives
Superman - Goldfinger
Brain Stew - Green Day
Mediate - INXS
Someday I Suppose - Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Everything Sucks - Reel Big Fish
The Fixer - Pearl Jam (new, and I like it)
I Want You - Kings of Leon

Not much else to report - first legit 'cross race this weekend on the South Side. I'm trying to be un-serious about the entire thing so hopefully I can have some fun and get a good workout without hating. Looks like a wet ass for this afternoon's ride. So be it - in a month I'll be wishing we had weather this 'good.' The white socks and shoes have been retired for the season and replaced by icky black. Hopefully we'll have a mild winter - last winter kicked my ass and my brain!