Monday, May 10, 2010

A No Race Weekend and Some Tunes


Gandalf, killing his ratty stuffed animal thing.

This past weekend saw me do no racing. Bummer in a way but probably not an all-bad thing. I was hoping to do the 2-person 40K on Saturday but plans fell through and I ended up on a group ride that left something (a lot...) to be desired. Sunday was nicer weather-wise which made for a longer, better ride on the new bike.

Here's the playlist for today's lunch hour spin class - after warm-up we'll be doing some tempo/threshold zig-zag stuff.

Bad - U2
The Day I Tried to Live - Soundgarden
Lay Down Your Weapons - Scissors for Lefty
The Fixer - Pearl Jam
Far Behind - Social Distortion
Strange Times - The Black Keys
Spring and By Summer Fall - Blonde Redhead
Lounge Act - Nirvana
Runnin' Wild - Airborne
Salute Your Solution - The Raconteurs
Devour - Shinedown
Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix

I'm reading 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelly and will next start 'The Pacific' by Hugh Ambrose. I caught the HBO series a couple of times and was intrigued, so I figured the book might be interesting. I'm not any kind of war/history junkie but it's a good story. After that, 'Tell All' by Chuck Palahniuk (one of my favorites).

Up next race-wise, maybe Monsters and a 40K near Champaign. I had a weak moment and signed up for 2 40K's. Stupid, stupid, stupid.....