Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rain Rain Rain!!


Well, the plan for today was to go to Ed Rudolph Northbrook Velodrome to race but the insane winds and heavy rain have basically trashed that whole plan. CJ called while on the way home from the Loop to report that she'd just exited an el train that was stopped due to a tree blocking the track. I've been watching the reports on TV while hearing the thunder outside and WOW - there is some serious weather moving through the area right now. I'm sort of bummed too - I was looking forward to racing the Elaine Nekritz Trophy scratch race tonight. I have fantastic legs right now and wanted to improve upon my first place finish in the Cat 4 race last season with a victory in the Pro1/2/3 field. Hopefully it will be rescheduled soon - track season is winding down and we don't have many more opportunities to race before the weather starts changing.