Thursday, August 30, 2007

Track Season is Winding Down

I'm feeling summer slip away! I can't complain - this has been a pretty decent summer for me. I'm still wired from racing at the track tonight so I figured I'd post as long as I have the energy to burn. The evening started off simple enough with a 15 lap point-a-lap race (the leader of each lap gets 1 point, the rider with the most points at the end is the winner). I sat in until 7 to go then accelerated/rolled off the front and stayed away, accumulating points and winning the race.

That was a nice warm up for the 35 lap Elaine Nekritz Trophy Race, a scratch race where the first rider over the line at the end of 35 laps is the winner. I was feeling lazy (sorry....) and sat in/ sucked wheel/saved my legs for most of the race while the other riders battled it out on the front. Someone offered $1 per lap to the leader of each lap so there was a fair amount of movement at the front to make some money. At one point an Alberto's rider got off the front and everyone pretty much let her go. I decided with 4 to go that she'd been out there long enough so I punched it and caught her in about a half a lap. Predictably the entire field sucked my wheel and then sat up. Ugh. So I let her go when no one pulled through. I'd chased and gotten everyone in position to do something and they did NOTHING. By that point things came down to a field sprint for 2nd, which I took.

I'm very happy for Kristen from Alberto's - she made some pretty bold moves that no one respected. She earned that win and my hat is off to her.

Up next - a nice long weekend and ick....another birthday....