Monday, November 12, 2007

Chicago Athlete of the Year?

Some of you may recall that I was named Chicago Athlete magazine's Athlete of the Month back in September (which was very cool). Well, I could be Chicago Athlete Magazine's Athlete of the Year if you vote for me (only if you feel that I am worthy). Check it out here: www.chicagoaa.com/. The catch is that votes need to be sent via email to the editor, Amy Rushlow (editor@chicagoaa.com). I realize that sending an email to Amy is a pain but I suppose it makes sense, given that in an online poll I could just sit there all day and resubmit votes for myself over and over. Anyway, I guess what I am asking is for you to decide whether I am worthy of this designation and if you think I am, please take a few seconds to drop Amy an email that says so.

I'm certainly not the very best athlete in Chicago and I can't say that results are necesarily the indicator of how the Athlete of the Year should be selected. Athlete of the Year, to me, is not entirely about me or my performance. Instead, I like to think it's more about my passion to motivate and inspire the athletes that I coach and people I've had the occasion to work with to develop their own athleticism to it's fullest potential. While racing my bike is darn awesome and I absolutely LOVE to do it (for myself and my team), it's incredibly satisfying for me to see other athletes who I've worked with do amazing things - stuff they never knew they could do. To me, that's a pretty damn cool thing and in part what the award is about.

Now go vote for me!! oh, and forward it to your friends....

- and thank you, in advance....