Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's Official - I'm Old, and Evil Things


No, it is not my birthday (but it will be my half-birthday on Thursday!!). I'm officially old because I got mail from AARP (an evil thing) today - WITH MY NAME ON IT!! Not email, MAIL. No, I did not open it. Yes, it found it's way to the recycle bin within seconds of entering my home.

I also received the two boxes of Girl Scout cookies (evil things) that I paid for three months ago. While watching the news a few days ago it was mentioned that those cookies now cost $3.50. Why is it, then, that I paid $4.25/box? WTF? Is my additional $1.50 getting filtered into criminal defense funds for Blago and Burris? Don't get me started...

But I digress....training is going quite well, now that I'm back from the bitter throes of winter bike hate. Power numbers are looking good and I can say for the first time in a lot of years that I am looking forward to racing my bike this season. No performance pressure, high maintenance sponsors or drama - it's gonna be great!

As for me giving up PB&J, that sort of went the way my cussing thing went last year. Judge me for it if you wish but words are just words. What I say is what I say, what you think is what you think. Back to the point, EVERYONE (except the Ebony Princess) loves PB&J and it's cheap! I can't deny myself one of life's small pleasures, even for 40 days. I admit it, I'm weak. And I'm also cheap. There are worse things in life.

I just finished 'An Idiot for All Seasons' by David Feherty and will finish the Goodwin book this week. Up next - I have some Vonnegut in the queue - 'Mother Night' and 'Cat's Cradle.'

I have to send good thoughts to Mike Wakeley after his recent bout of ugliness - I've been there my friend...narcotics rule!! I hope you are feeling better soon, stoner. Same goes to MetLifeGuy who will surely be killing everyone in a few weeks (he works harder than anyone I know).