Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tunes...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!

Today's soundtrack for Spin is totally classic rock - maybe my favorite genre. I got a bunch of groovin' stuff from P-licious and MetLifeGuy the other day and I'm like a little kid on Christmas going through it all. I got some bootleg Led Zeppelin concert stuff, Frank Zappa live, Bjork, Clash, Buck 65, some good cover tunes, Cream and Janis Joplin that I did not already have and some incredible guitar stuff by Paco DeLucia, John McLaughlin and Al DiMeola. Did I say incredible? Wow...talk about talent. I put it on the shuffle and will have it massaging my eardrums during my afternoon intervals - done OUTDOORS at last...

Lunch hour spin will be 40min of hard tempo with some small spikes to threshold along the way and then a 9min threshold effort that builds to a final intense minute that includes a sprint.

Dirty Laundry (live) - Don Henley
Shoot to Thrill - AC/DC
Room Full of Mirrors - Jimi Hendrix
Jessica - The Allman Brothers Band
Hang Fire - Rolling Stones
Show Me the Way (live) - Peter Frampton
Over Under Sideways Down - The Yardbirds
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

I've solved the problem of Girl Scout cookies - they're being pawned off on my brothers. They don't know it yet but I'm pretty sure they'll be pleased.