Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hearing and Reading

We'll be doing some threshold/hard tempo zigzag stuff in class today. Here's our playlist:

Not an Addict - K's Choice
White Palm - B.R.M.C.
Salvation - The Cranberries
Wong Way - Sublime
Berlin - B.R.M.C.
Burnout - Green Day
Pretty Vegas - INXS
Fire - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
I'm a Believer - Smashmouth
Hang Fire - The Rolling Stones
Beautiful Day - U2
Isn't She Lovely - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Don't Change - INXS
Awake - B.R.M.C.

We listened to this yesterday:

Slave to Love - Brian Ferry and Roxy Music
Breaking the Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers
World Wide Suicide - PJ
Demolition Man - The Police
Backwards Down the Number Line - Phish
Forever Yellow Skies - The Cranberries
Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
Sabotage - Beastie Boys
Morning Glory - Oasis
Trouble - Coldplay (yep, my favorite Coldplay tune...)

I finished reading 'The Pacific' by Hugh Ambrose. Wow. Compelling stuff. That's all I can say. I started 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' by John Berendt last night. Very good so far.

Not a whole lot to say. Still in a tentative place. As I like to say, 'fuck it - sometimes you have to go to the zoo.' I'm at the zoo. Don't know when I'm coming back or what I'll be like upon re-entry.