Friday, February 22, 2008

(Enter) The Rain Bike

The Rain Bike - Sans Fenders, at the moment

Yep, you read that right - the rain bike. Actually, it's more like the rain/slush/snow/hail bike but you get the idea. I was feeling guilty about always riding my nice bikes in the sloppy weather so I looked through my graveyard of parts and basically saw that I had enough stuff to build a pretty darn good Frankenbike - all I needed was a frameset. Lou at the Pony Shop hooked me up with a super sweet Cannondale CAAD9 frameset and then built (on the cheap) the beast I call the rain bike.
Per the latest weather forecast, there's no forseeable change in this pattern of lousy weather we've been stuck in so I'm pretty sure I'll be spending a fair amount of time on this bike in the coming weeks. I imagine the fenders will need to be installed after this weekend as it appears that we're going to get hit with some more snow starting on Monday. At the moment it's decent out there albeit cloudy - upper 20s for a temp with a fair amount of wind, but at least it's dry - so I'm heading out to ride soon.
Oh yeah - I changed the blog template because I was getting tired of the same old blue/green color scheme. I liked the black right away on the preview so I went with it. I think you'll agree with me when I say it's more "me" than the old scheme was. Anyway, as always, thanks for reading - hopefully I'll have something more interesting to say next time I post!