Friday, September 26, 2008

Stuff: Changing

This spider has been hanging outside the studio window for two weeks. I don't like spiders.

I've been neglecting the blog of late - there's stuff going on but it's too early to type about yet. Suffice to say that there are some important changes happening in the next 6 weeks or so that are good, exciting things that are still developing. Part of that is the fact that I will indeed be racing a cyclocross season, albeit abbreviated as I've literally not even touched my cross bike yet. I need to do a little practicing if I expect to perform respectably for my new cross team.....

Here's the playlist from this morning's spinning session - some tasty 10min threshold intervals on short rest - and then a few other things I've been rotating lately. Enjoy.

White, Discussion - Live
Hey Man, Nice Shot - Filter
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
Get off My Cloud (live) - The Rolling Stones
Heavy Fuel - Dire Straits
You - Candlebox
Gamma Ray - Beck
Watch the Tapes - LCD Soundsystem
Emerge - Fischerspooner
Turn My Head - Live

Other good stuff:
On the Airwaves - The Shazam
Can't Stand It - The Greenhornes
My Kind of Girl - The 45s
Gimme That Shot - The Charms
Lost my Motto - Cotton Mather
Put Some Hurt on You - Boss Martians
What Ever Happened to My Rock n Roll - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Straight Shooter - Reigning Sound
I Woke Up This Mornin' - The Mooney Suzuki

I have to give a little time to the Chi-town MLB scene since I am a serious baseball fan. As I predicted months ago, the sorry sorry sorry Chicago White Sox are not going to make the playoffs and will go down in flames due to an inconsistent starting rotation, a weak bullpen and failure to execute the aggressive 'small ball' tactics to score runs and win games. Sorry boys, the long ball isn't everything. The Cubs, on the other hand, are the real deal and I noticed that a long time ago. They've got all the pieces to the World Series appearance puzzle plus some helpful luck here and there - not to mention Sweet Lou driving the bus. Boys, it's your year!!

Okay, I'll start being a girl again now...thanks for reading - I'll be keeping the blog updated as stuff develops.