Tuesday, April 28, 2009

'Double' Single Bong Short Recap and Other Stuff

Don't ask.

UPDATED 4/30
As has been the pattern of late, Sunday morning in Wisconsin greeted us with pissing rain, blustery wind and temps around 40 for the Single Bong 20K time trial. In a moment of weakness I 'd signed up to race in two categories: Women Open and Women 30+. Last weekend's Cherry Valley TT was made much more tolerable with a dry area to warm up - no such thing at the Bong - so with lots of embrocation on my legs and an 'okay' warm up I somehow managed to put up the best women's time on the day. I'm not talking about the second one...it was BAD!! I haven't seen full final results posted anywhere yet so I can't really provide a full team recap though several of the guys also showed up for the fun and as far as I know, all did reasonably well. Mike won his age group with a really good time though I don't know how his P1/2 ride ended up - the dude's a monster. UPDATE: Final results are posted here. As you can see, PACT/DishNetwork had a great team day. Well done, guys!

While racing was fun, I also went to see the Circus Cats of Chicago on Saturday afternoon. I swear - it was the best, most entertaining $12 I've spent in a long time! These kitties make my two cats look like real schleps! I managed to snap a few photos and will post them later, after I do a Blackberry-to-laptop sync. They've got a few more shows scheduled at Bucktown's Gorilla Tango Theater - 60min of quality entertainment not to be missed!

I just finished 'Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation' by Joseph J. Ellis - it was an excellent read about the relationships, politics, ideologies, and personalities of George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, and Alexander Hamilton, among others. I just started 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson.

OH!! And how about the Blackhawks?! Kick ass!! The Bulls too, of course but I'm much more of a hockey fan than any kind of basketball fan (though I do like college basketball).

Coming up - another double TT day on Saturday and maybe a criterium on Sunday. Also - I'll be teaming up with US Masters National champ Leigh Thompson for a two-person 40K TT coming up in a couple weeks. I'm very excited about the chance to throw down with Leigh - she's a fantastic time trialist and a very cool person.

I have to send congratulations out to my client Tim Glinski who road tripped to Florida for the St. Anthony's Triathlon. This is only Tim's second season in the sport and he finished a very respectable 14th in his age group which qualifies him to compete at Nationals this year. Awesome job, Tim!!