Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Photo from Rob at PSIMET - my custom training wheelset is ready!!

No real rhyme or reason to this post so I decided it'd be one of my famous bullet point random observation lists with today's spin playlist at the end. One cool piece of info, my custom PSIMET training wheelset is built and ready to go so that has me psyched. My race wheels are being built and I can't wait to get them.

* This Groundhog Day thing is crap unless you make a movie of it, which somehow legitimizes it.
* Chicago drivers suck and they especially suck when there's precip of any sort.
* We've had a mild winter so far. I really hope it stays this way. Maybe I should shut up.
* I can handle cold temps with small precip totals - keeps me outside and staves off trainer hate.
* I still haven't renewed my USAC license. Not sure what that means yet.
* I may need to run another marathon before I turn 40 in a couple years. There. I said it.
* I have an incredibly diverse, supportive network of friends and family. I am thankful for that.
* The NFL Pro Bowl is ridiculous in every way.
* I've been a Blackhawks fan for +15 years and it's awesome to have them playing so well.
* People who anonymously criticize on the web are lame. Own up to your opinions if you feel moved enough to say something. Just sayin'.
* I miss eating stuff like ice cream, pizza, pastries, burgers and fries, etc during the off-season. But I don't miss the hugeness of my ass that is a consequence of eating said items during the off-season.
* Animals and little kids should never have to experience pain, illness or hunger. Even the little bastard ones.
* It's no one's job to make me happy - I alone am responsible for my happiness in this world.
* You should use the little plastic cap thingys on your valve stems in the winter. That way the presta valve top won't break off in your hand from salt corrosion when you go to inflate. Indeed.
* As much as I would like it to be, a new bike is not on my radar any time soon.
* Corn syrup be damned I still love fierce melon Gatorade.
* Sometimes it's good to catch up with old friends you've not seen for 20 years.

We rode to this at mid-day:
Rocket - Smashing Pumpkins
Doesn't Remind Me - Audioslave
Up Tight - The Hives
Hello Conscience - The Zutons
Authority Song - John Mellencamp
A Tisket a Tasket - Stevie Ray Vaughan
I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Read My Mind - The Killers
Danny's Song - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Longview - Green Day
The State of Massachusetts - Dropkick Murphys
Warning Sign - Coldplay

There you have it.