Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Columbus and Some Sad News


So Kristin, Karen, Corie and I went to Columbus, OH for some high quality racing over the weekend. We worked hard on Saturday and put 3 girls in the top 10 (I finished 3rd and won a prime!). Sunday's course had a bit of a hill on it - I went from the gun with a girl from Michigan who basically attacked and dropped me on the climb after 8-10 laps or so. I tucked my tail between my legs and went back to the group.....she stayed off the front for the entire race and I had nothing left in my legs so I cruised in at a respectable 15th.


The sad news of the weekend....we got a phone call Saturday from Peoria, IL where the state RR and crit championships were taking place. An athlete from XXX Athletico had been stuck by a truck and killed on Saturday but I didn't know who that rider was at the time. Subsequent email confirmed that the rider was Beth Kobeszka - a girl I knew from my days at LPAC who I coached in the triathlon group and who attended my Spin classes quite regularly. It's a horribly sad and unfortunate thing - Beth had so much energy and enthusiasm. We will all miss her dearly.