Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Superweek #2 - Bensenville


A most excellent day - a bit warm but all good for racing. I was feeling quite sore after all the carnage yesterday but decided to stick it out since the race was so close to home. Today's course was a bit more technical than yesterday so there was some twitchiness but nothing that took me down.


Breaks were off the front most of the race but with about 2 to go everyone was together and I was in the Cheerwine leadout train once again (no better place to be!!). Heading into the final turns before the finish I saw a wheel coming up under my right arm and had a choice to make - stay where I was and risk a bad crash or slow and let the wheel come by. Choosing the path of lesser resistance, I let the rider take the low line through the turn which pushed me off the train and back into 12th place. All together, not a bad day but a little frustrating since I surely had another top 5 sprint in my legs.


Next up: Whitnall Park, weather permitting.....