Monday, July 30, 2007

Superweek Post-Mort


Nice shot from Downers Grove last season - we're missing Molly this year in the Midwest. I hope she is recovering and will be getting back to racing soon.
Yeah so stuuuupidweek has been over for a while now and I've had a chance to digest everything that happened. I am still having a hard time swallowing the fact that my very nice wheel was ruined by a malicious act, but thankfully the guys at the Pony Shop are working to resurrect it. For actually accruing points in only 4 of the 9 events (the one I was crashed in I got no points), I have to say that finishing 20th overall is pretty respectable. Surely if I'd done more of the races my overall place would've been higher but doing every race was not part of my plan.
Looking at August there are races every weekend in the Midwest - big ones like Elk Grove and Downers Grove and I am SO ready for them!! My coach has set me up perfectly to do well at all of these events - all I have to do is execute and stay out of trouble.
Something needs to be said for the Kenda team that went to Altoona for a brutal week-long stage race. Those girls are to be congratulated on surviving probably the hardest NRC stage race on the calendar - well done girls!!
Further, special mention goes to the cat 3/4 Kenda girls who raced at Superweek - well done ladies! Representing the team, doing your share of the work (not sitting on and sucking wheel, waiting for the sprint), getting into breaks, being aggressive and attacking is the way to get faster and to earn respect. You should all be very proud of your efforts.