Monday, January 12, 2009

Indoor Distractions

Yet another fine day of snow here in Chicago made it impossible to ride outdoors so I was stuck on the rollers in the living room for my training session. I have cable tv but it seems there's never anything good to watch when it's time to ride but I got lucky on Saturday - Tyler was on so I parked the rollers in front of 50 inches of unedited HD and enjoyed every second of it. I'm not really into Brad Pitt per se, but I have an appreciation for Fight Club. It's one of those movies you can see 100 times and notice something new every time you watch. Not to mention the eye candy. A few weeks ago I watched Die Hard (uncut, in HD of course) and well, what can I say? Bruce Willis had it goin' on in the 80s!!

That was Saturday. Sunday wasn't quite so bad so I managed a 3 hour ride in the coldness and ice. I swear there must be a foot of snow on the ground by now. Temps are expected to fall as the week progresses so that we'll be seeing subzero highs.

So bored. So very very bored right now and it's only January. At least the Cervelo is in the process of being built so when it's finished I'll post some pics. Also - I'd like to send very good and positive thoughts to someone who's dealing with some bad ju-ju right now. Yes it sucks but it will get better.

Today's lunch hour soundtrack (a hard tempo session):
Machinehead - Bush
Boys of Summer - The Ataris
Pretty Fly - Offspring
Heavy - Collective Soul
Hello Conscience - The Zutons
Spirit in the Sky - Dr. and the Medics
Falling for the First Time - Barenaked Ladies
This Fire - Franz Ferdinand
Dancing with Myself - Billy Idol
Come out and Play - Offspring
Amazing - Madonna
What I Like About You - The Romantics
Spin - Lifehouse
Jung at Heart - Master Cylinder