Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yet Another Killer Spin Session

I figured class would be small given the Inauguration festivities but we had 17 - not too bad, all things considered. We did a really interesting session that I bogarted from a friend and it worked incredibly well. I'd already done my 2hrs of training for the day before class started (including - finally - a commute into the Loop) then we did 2 sets of 8X60sec VO2 intervals (not as hard as an AP interval) on 30sec rest with 5min between sets. We were all cooked at the end!

Here's the soundtrack (it includes my ride before class, class itself and then some spin down time):

Drown - Smashing Pumpkins
Seasons - Chris Cornell
Breath - Pearl Jam
Nearly Lost You - Screaming Trees
Jane Says - Jane's Addiction
Low - Cracker
Hello Conscience - The Zutons
Why Does the Sun Shine? - They Might Be Giants
American Idiot - Green Day
Hate to Say I Told You So - The Hives
Can't Stand It - The Greenhornes
California Uber Allies - Dead Kennedys
My Doorbell - The White Stripes
Killer - Boy Kill Boy
If I Can't Change Your Mind - Sugar
My Kind of Girl - The 45s
Get on Your Boots - U2
Novocaine for the Soul - Eels
City of Blinding Lights -U2

It appears that we're going to be above freezing tomorrow and Thursday so my butt is going to be OUTSIDE!!

I've just started 'No Ordinary Time' about the FDR presidency by Doris Kearns Goodwin. I read her book 'Team of Rivals' (about the Lincoln presidency) a little over two years ago and it remains one of my favorite books. She's got a very engaging style of writing which makes for interesting reading on subject matter that might otherwise be described as boring.