Sunday, January 18, 2009

My #1 Fans

Pearl iZumi is my #1 kitty (only because I've had her longest). I call her Zumi for short. She likes to walk dangerously close to the rollers while I'm riding indoors and meow at the top of her lungs to eat when I'm in the middle of an interval. I rescued her from Anti-Cruelty in 2001 and she's moved with me from place to place since then. Her hobbies include watching the birds and squirrels in the front yard, getting 'stoned' on catnip and chewing on shiny things that make crinkly noises as her pointy little teeth crunch down on them.
This is Gandalf who essentially disappears when he hears the rollers and suddenly materializes as soon as my ride ends, looking for something to eat. I rescued him from PAWS in 2003 and he's moved with me once. The vet calls him her 'handsome little gentleman.' Yeah, he's got her fooled on that! He's a delicate kitty who has allergies and is susceptible to all kinds of little bugs but is definitely the alpha cat in this house - he whups zumi's ass pretty regularly. He also likes to crunch on shiny things, bogart chicken from my soup, eat fuzz, get stoned on catnip and keep tabs on the neighborhood dogs, squirrles and birds. Such a boy.

The weather continues to be stellar around here so 2.5hr indoor rides were the plan for the weekend. I made up a playlist of some of my favorite things of late and have listed it below. There are a fair number of things that show up frequently of late basically because I like them (at the moment):

The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegroove - Dead Can Dance
Sunshower - Chris Cornell
Blow Up the Outside World - Soundgarden
Tempted - Squeeze
Novocaine for the Soul - Eels
The Awakening - Les Claypool and the Holy Mackerel
One Better - Les Claypool
The Working Hour - Tears for Fears
Cold - Tears for Fears
The Mercy Beat - The The
I Will Possess Your Heart (long version) - Death Cab for Cuite
Forever Yellow Skies - The Cranberries
Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello
Fire - Jimi Hendrix
Hey Man, Nice Shot - Filter
How We Operate - Gomez
Up Tight - The Hives
Living Well is the Best Revenge - R.E.M.
Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix
Crumblin' Down - John Mellencamp
Turbo Lover - Judas Priest
Ironman - Black Sabbath
Spaceman - The Killers
White, Discussion - Live
Cult of Personality - Living Color
Freedom Highway (Live) - Mavis Staples
I Woke Up this Mornin' - The Mooney Suzuki
Whipping - Pearl Jam
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
Breathe - The Prodigy
Jesus Built My Hot Rod - Ministry
Crystal Village - Peter Yorn
Take a Picture - Filter
Everything You Need - Vertical Horizon
Lust - Tori Amos
They're Blind - The Replacements

I finally finished the Feinstein book about the 2004 Baltimore Ravens - it was long but definitely a good read. Not sure what's next - something short. Looks like temps will be in the 20s this week so I'll be outdoors as much as I can - I have some serious cabin fever going on right now.

Gotta go - Howie Long is on tv.......