Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tour of Arkansas - Part 3

This pig is the property of...Roger Waters

I can't believe it takes three separate posts to actually recap the entire Arkansas excursion to my satisfaction. I left out a lot of small yet very funny things that made the trip a blast - for instance doing donuts around the backyard bonfire on the John Deere....so many stories, so little time...

* Don't play drinking games with Kristin Wentworth. You will not prevail.
* Next time I get a wild hair up my ass I'll do something easier than climb Mt. Nebo.
* At Starbucks in St. Louis you can sweet talk the 18 year old who takes your order and score a DOUBLE double espresso - that's right, 4 shots. It'll carry you all the way home and through the next day without a crash.
* Standing on the podium, while really cool, can be an intimidating experience.
* Don't do a 100K road race that includes a mountain pass on a chamois you've never worn.
* I can climb well enough to survive but not well enough to be called a climber.
*Don't go out too hard in the beginning of a time trial. You WILL pay later.
* In a pinch, a shed will do just fine for a church in Arkansas.
* Don't leave your post-race PBJ unattended (right next to yourself) with a hound dog in the vicinity. It will disappear in one gulp.
* Keep your mouth closed while descending unless you want to swallow a natural treasure along the way.

The Pre-TT Playlist (strange mix but it did the job, I'd say):
Terminal Frost - Pink Floyd
I'm Gonna Crawl - Led Zeppelin
Radioactive - The Firm
Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix
When You Were Young - The Killers
You Really Got Me - Van Halen
Stop - Jane's Addiction
Tall Cool One - Robert Plant
I Will Follow (Live) - U2
Holiday - Green Day
I Feel Love - BMG
Machinehead - Bush
Save You - PJ
This is a Call - Foo Fighters
Salute Your Solution - The Raconteurs
Everywhere I Go - The Call
The Mercy Beat - The The

That's all for now - thanks for reading....