Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Next Distraction

A message from the morning Spinheads/Humbled Minions - Where's the love?

It's the end of July and I'm already looking forward to what I'll be doing to keep myself occupied in the off-season. Maybe a little premature but I like to always stay one step ahead. Of course I'll race some cyclocross but I've been thinking that I need something else to fixate on for a while. In the past I used to spend time at the batting cages hitting balls - I was a pretty darn good softball player back in the day (fast-pitch, that is). It was always a good way to clear my head and well, meet boys.

I've grown up maybe a little bit since then and have decided to learn how to drive a golf ball. It's no secret that I love golf - but I've never actually played except for kicking ass at putt-putt when I was working next door to a championship caliber course. We killed many an afternoon playing golf and 'working' before proceeding to the Mexican restaurant across the street for margaritas. My first adventure at the driving range is approaching...

This morning in Spin we did some tasty intervals and the playlist was pretty good so I decided to share it. Here goes:

Piss it All Away - Puddle of Mudd
Mysterious Ways - U2
It's the End of the World As We Know It - R.E.M.
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Potion - Morphine
I'll Stick Around - Foo Fighters
Lump - The Presidents of the United States....
Read My Mind - The Killers
12:51 - The Strokes
Bring Me Some Water - Melissa Etheridge
Let My Love Open the Door - Peter Townshend
Slither - Velvet Revolver
Trouble - Coldplay

Other things getting heavy rotation of late - an odd mix as always:
Crossroads - Cream (just finished the Clapton autobiography...wow)
Far Behind - Social Distortion
Cuttooth - Radiohead
Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - Eddie Vedder
I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Little Wing - Hendrix done by Stevie Ray Vaughan
The The - Waiting for Tomorrow
Smoking Gun - Robert Cray
John the Fisherman - Primus
Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden
Think I'm in Love - Beck
Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus (excellent for threshold intervals)
Temptation - New Order

That's all for now - time to go do some intervals in the scorching heat and humidity...I LOVE it!