Sunday, July 13, 2008

Yet Another Time Trial

Hey bikerdude, see below....I have a response for your ignorant comment about my previous post. I rejected it, because it was obnoxious and um, well, inaccurate. And as for your second comment in response to your first comment, I have much better things to spend my time on. I think maybe you should start using your energy toward positive, productive pursuits - bitterness never got anyone anywhere so try to be happy, okay?

So I headed across the fine state of Illinois to the border with Iowa to do a 40K time trial in Cordova (population 650). A great way to warm up for Superweek, eh? Not a whole lot of interesting descriptive narrative on this one - there's not much going on over there. Warm-up was going decent until about 10min in, when my power meter died and I was left to warm-up and race by perceived exertion and my watch.

The course was pretty straightforward - out and back with one turn, a few curves and a lot of wind on the way back. The way out was good - I was looking at a great time at the turnaround but suffered like a dog on the way back in. Not my best day by a long stretch - and a finishing time that I was not at all happy with. It was good enough to be the best time by a female on the day but not nearly indicative of what I am capable of. I'm not terribly upset by it - the even really wasn't well attended (even though D.I.C.E did a great job of organizing - thanks Donnie!) and there are plenty more time trials to do in the next couple of months. It was great to see some of my favorite guys out there racing hard - nice job gentlemen!

Up next, Superweek starting tomorrow. I guess that's good, since everyone seems to think that all I can do are criteriums. A bunch of my teammates are coming in for the week so I'm looking forward to some good hard racing and the opportunity to sprint a little bit. While I certainly like it, this time trial thing isn't nearly as exciting as a gnarly fast crit!