Tuesday, May 5, 2009

JFMTT Recap

Wakes downing a post-race brownie. He finished 10th in the 40+ men's category.
Nice job Mike!!


"The Frasier" was rescheduled to this past Saturday due to poor weather conditions on the original date and it ended up that the weather was pretty agreeable with temps in the 60s and lots of sun (finally!!). We had to roll at stupid-early-o'clock to get out to Maple Park and I was just not feeling the love. I'd signed up to do two TT's and while warming up for the first one I knew that it was gong to be a difficult day - my legs were MIA and my head was directly connected to them which tends to indicate a sub-par performance was on tap for the day.



Mike and Ted getting ready beforehand - they both had excellent rides

I surprised myself with a decent time on my first ride which somehow ended up to be the fastest women's time on the day, though not by much. We had a pretty killer cross/head wind on the way back on the 8mi course which seemed to get worse as the day wore on. I pretty much just rolled the second one and was happy to finally get off my bike. The most interesting part of the second ride was having to come to a skidding halt right out of the first turn when a big truck somehow managed to be on the course. Nice! My PACT/Dishnetwork teammates put in strong performances in the 40+, 50+, P1/2 and 50+ women's categories as well so it was a good day for the team.