Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Short Quick Update - More to Come!

Last weekend I had the esteemed pleasure of sharing 50K of time trial bliss with Mr. Brian Akers. That meant I got to sit behind him half the time. Indeed.... Brian was pretty fried from doing his first ride so we kept it steady and finished a respectable 5th in the Men's 30+ field. Mike and Josh had an incredible ride - aside from a couple of pros who showed up to kill the locals, they had the fastest time on the day. Very impressive. Then Mike and Jim did yet another ride and I believe they finished 3rd in the 50+ masters field. Not to be overlooked was a great time by Ted and Brian Harris - well done, gentlemen.

Today (Tuesday) I worked a regular schedule then threw all my stuff in the Jeep and headed to Arlington Heights for a Superweek crit. The short story - I finished 7th, felt strong and had a good ride. As it frequently is in criterium racing, position is everything and I just didn't manage to have great position when it mattered.

More soon....