Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Morning SpinHeads...A Highly Cerebral Group

Keith, Me, Lindsey, Chad and Marianne - after 30min @ Threshold.
See? I really do teach Spinning on the rollers.

The south end of the room - mind over matter...
Lookin' good McMahon!!

The north end of the room - the legs follow what the mind tells them to do...


Above are a few pics from this morning's 6:30am Spinning class at the Loop gym where I teach and maintain a personal training clientele. The morning group is full of super strong, fit, focused athletes who always work very hard in class - no small task at that hour of the day. I've threatened for a while that that one day I would bring my camera to class - it happened today and I'm sorry to say that poor Bill missed his chance to be a star. Bummer. On the playlist:
Piss it all Away - Puddle of Mudd
Shine it all Around - Robert Plant and the New Sensations
Demolition Man - The Police
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Walk Idiot Walk - The Hives
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
World Wide Suicide - PJ
Teen Angst - Cracker
Panama - Van Halen
Blow Up the Outside World - Soundgarden
My intervals will be completed later - I'm not a morning person. I like to say that I can function in the morning but I can't perform. Not sure if it'll be indoors or out - the temp will be agreeable (woo-hoo!! almost 35 degrees!!) but logistics might be difficult given the type of work I need to do today - longer intervals are very difficult to do when you're constantly stopping for traffic signals and other related hazards.