Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ugly Bike Love

The Winter Beater - Sporting the Fenders, 28-hole 404s and a Power Meter. Fat.

So I've decided to post a blog entry dedicated entirely to the beast we call the winter beater - but I need your help to make the post a reality. I know that lots of you have a frankenbike - the bike with a mix of mismatched parts that you vaguely remember was pretty high-end back in the day which now sits in storage wishing that you'd ride it (Bill, the LeMond, need I say more?). Is your winter beater a carbon Colnago cross bike with reflective tires, full chrome fenders, 15 lights and an SRM? Or, do you maybe reserve a bike specifically for winter commuting with studded tires that weighs about 40 pounds? Or a single speed Surly Steamroller wrapped with electrical tape and bling'd with a carbon fork? I'm looking for photos to include in the post (to start with anyway) so if you have something cool to share, please send it along.