Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday - Winter Returns & I Master a New Trick


Happy Birthday, Beth!!
yes boys...she's single!! Then again, she's also smart and almost 6ft tall so keep that in mind.

Oh yeah - back to snow, ice and temps in the low teens. Bring it on - no more teasing with the sunny skies and temps around freezing. I did a short ride on the rollers before class today, tried something and was completely surprised - I can ride the rollers with no hands!! I'd never actually tried to do it before but today I got this weird wild hair and there it was - pretty cool. Now I can play two handed air drums in class - no more of this one handed stuff...and air guitar too!

This is what we're listening to today:

Monkey Man - The Rolling Stones
Doesn't Remind Me - Audioslave
Up Tight - The Hives
Danny's Song - Me First & the Gimme Gimmes
Hello Conscience - The Zutons
Authority Song - John Mellencamp
A Tisket a Tasket - Stevie Ray Vaughan (thanks Peter!)
I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Crawl - Kings of Leon
Valerie Loves Me - Material Issue
Longview - Green Day
Don't Change - INXS
Warning Sign - Coldplay

I'm thinking a trip to The Art Institute of Chicago is on the schedule tomorrow after finishing with work. I understand the Edvard Munch exhibit is amazing. He was supposedly an anxious boy. I get that. What I'm reading: still working on the tail end of 'No Ordinary Time' and just started 'Hell's Angels' by Hunter S. Thompson.