Thursday, February 5, 2009

Uh-Oh...5-0!!

That's right - meteorologists are forecasting high temps near 50 for this weekend! Yeah, that forecast also includes some rain but at this point I'll take it. I doubt my bike cleaning boy will enjoy it but I know that I will. You know things are pretty bad when you walk out and 15 degrees feels almost decent. Steve was in Tampa last weekend and he said the nicest thing was to walk out the door and not have to brace himself against the freezing coldness.

Spin today will be 3X10min threshold efforts on short rest (I only have 50min to work with so we try to squeeze a fair amount of work into that):

Got Me Wrong - Alice in Chains
Breaking the Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Follow You Down - Gin Blossoms
Be Somebody - Kings of Leon
Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvanva
1969 - Stooges
Morning Glory - Oasis
Infected - The The
Feel a Whole Lot Better - Tom Petty
Blurry - Puddle of Mudd
Even Flow -PJ
The Cisco Kid - War
Closer - Kings of Leon

Still reading 'No Ordinary Time' by Doris Kearns Goodwin. It's a long book that meticulously documents the FDR years focusing especially on domestic and international events that precipitated US involvement in WWII. Fascinating stuff, really - at times I'm finding it difficult to put it down.

Not a whole lot to report other than severe cabin fever that I hope to temporarily suspend with some outdoor miles this afternoon and a new chain. It'll be cold but it beats riding in my living room anyday.