Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time for a Chain-ge

Yeah....definitely way overdue for a new chain.

For those of you out there not familiar with the nuances associated with the need for a new chain, you should NEVER not ever be able to see daylight between the chain and the teeth on your chainrings. I'd say this fine example is at least 1000mi overdue for a change. Thankfully there's not any cassette or chainring damage at this point but I'm pretty lucky. How did it get so bad? Well...the chain has been so dirty and grimy for so long that when I was finally able to degrease it this is what I found. Bad, bad bike racer!

Now that football season is over I'm happy that my weekend post-ride ritual of couch time will continue as golf season is under way. That means as soon as the snow melts around here I'll be heading to the driving range for some anger management sessions.

The groundhog saw his shadow yesterday which means 18 more weeks of winter. SERENITY NOW!!

Also - congrats to the PACT/Dishnetwork contingent on killing things at the indoor TT last weekend. Dan, Ted and Mike all had strong rides. They're just beasts - guys, you inspire me!!